EDITOR’S NOTE: Do you have a Revival, Homecoming, a new pastor, a community outreach or a concert? The Baptist Message would love to share your church news with the rest of the state. It is very easy to do, just send in your information (who, what, where and when) to email@example.com or call 318.449.4345. To get your event in the paper, please submit your information three weeks prior to the event.
ON THE MOVE
- Weston Lindsay was ordained on August 9 and is the new pastor at Pinehurst Baptist Church, Ball.
- Stuart, wife Angie, Sasser became the new pastor at Philadelphia Baptist Church at Horseshoe Drive, Alexandria on August 2.
- Brad Delaughter has resigned as pastor of Satsuma Baptist Church.
- Brian Hevrin has resigned as pastor of Ida Baptist Church to First Baptist Church Vega, Texas.
- Joe Stutson is the new pastor to Calvary Baptist Church, Slidell.
- Alto Baptist Church, Alto: Homecoming, Sunday, September 27, 10:30 a.m. Speaker: Dianne Abraham will share her testimony. Worship: Brothers In Christ. A barbeque lunch will be served following the service. Music Minister: Jay Ellerman. Pastor: Alan Miller.
- Wallace Baptist Church, Pelican: Homecoming, October 4, 10:30 a.m. Lunch will follow morning worship. Guest Speaker: Mike Anderson. The church, which is located at 5605 Hwy. 177, Pelican, LA, invites all to join them for a wonderful day of worship, memories and fellowship.
- Pioneer Baptist Church, Pioneer: Fall Revival, October 3-7, Saturday, 6:30 p.m.
- Revival Kick-Off Concert with Ben Waites followed by a finger food fellowship. October 4, 10:45 a.m. and 5 p.m. Harvest Sunday/ Revival with a fellowship meal after each service. Monday-Wednesday, 6:30 p.m. with a fellowship meal after each service. Evangelist: M.J. “Mickey” Bounds, Bastrop. Worship: Ben Waites. A Love Offering will be taken. There will be NO nursery provided. Pastor: Gary Wolfe.
- Bethel Baptist Church, Colfax: Fall Revival, September 27-30, Sunday 9:30 and 11 a.m. and 6 p.m. Monday-Wednesday, 6:30 p.m. Evangelist: Philip Caples. Pastor: Carl Gulde.
- New Hope Baptist Church, Elmer: Revival, October 11-14, Evangelist: Sam Moore. Pastor: Rob McLane.
- First Baptist Church, Haughton: Harvest Sunday, October 25. Evangelist: Bill Britt. Pastor: Gevan Spinney.
- Velma J. Dyer, 78, of Farmerville passed away July 24. She was born in Alexandria and attended Emmanuel Baptist Church. After marrying Royce Dyer in 1963, the couple moved to Spartanburg, S.C. where they served in churches there as well as in Florida, Alabama, Georgia and Louisiana. An avid reader of Amish books, loved playing the piano and served as pianist at both Liberty Baptist Church and Mt. Ararat Baptist Church. Mrs. Dyer also taught children’s music and Vacation Bible School for many years. A loving wife, mother and grandmother, Mrs. Dyer was preceded in death by her father, Eugene Pitre; and mother, Viola P. Tassin. Left to cherish her memory are her husband of 57 years, Royce Dyer; children, Tammy D. Shelley (J.B.), Phillip D. Dyer (Lisa M. Houle-Dyer) and Brian E. Dyer (Kristen Hake Dyer); grandchildren, Justin Shelley, Phillip Shelley (Maggie). Marcel D. Dyer and Gabriella M. Dyer; sister, Arlene P. Hovendick (Jim); brother, Danny Tassin (Winetta); and a host of other family and friends.