EDITOR’S NOTE: Do you have a Revival, Homecoming, a new pastor, a community outreach or a concert? The Baptist Message would love to share your church news with the rest of the state. It is very easy to do, just send in your information (who, what, where and when) to email@example.com or call 318.449.4345. To get your event in the paper, please submit your information three weeks prior to the event.
ON THE MOVE
- Johnny Wagner is the new pastor at Colfax Baptist Church, Colfax. He was ordained to the Gospel ministry during an October 6 ordination ceremony followed by a fellowship. He is the fifth generation grandson of Joseph Willis.
- Kevin Funderburk is the new Pastor for Discipling and Worship at First Baptist Church of Lake Charles. Kevin and family had previously been serving in East Asia.
- Delmar Bennett has resigned as Minister of Education & Outreach at Florida Blvd. Baptist Church, Baton Rouge.
- Galen (wife Robyn) Leger is the new music minister at Ellerbe Baptist Church, Shreveport.
- Trinity Heights: Collin Wimberly has resigned as pastor at Trinity Heights Baptist Church in Shreveport to church plant in Red River Parish.
- Mangham Baptist Church, Mangham: Annual Homecoming Celebration, November 10, a.m. Guest Speaker: Jimmy Eppinette, MBC’s pastor from 1986 to 1993. Special Music: Richard Davis, Jerry Gandy, Wane Smart. There will also be a flag retirement and a Salute to our Veterans. A covered dish lunch will follow morning worship. Pastor: Rick Aultman.
- Emmanuel Baptist Church, Hurricane Community: Annual Homecoming Celebration, November 10, 10 a.m. Dinner on the grounds will follow the worship service. Speaker: Rick Feazell. The church is located at 2042 Hwy. 519, Arcadia. Pastor: Bob Jameson.
- Pioneer Baptist Church, Pioneer: Harvest Day, November 10, 10:30 a.m. There will be a fellowship meal after the worship service. Guest Speaker: Bill Fowler, former pastor. Pastor: Gary Wolfe.
- First Baptist Church, Castor: Revival, November 10-13. Evangelist: Sam Moore. Pastor: Preston Young.
- First Baptist Church, Larose: Revival, November 10-13, Sunday, 10:45 a.m. & 6 p.m.; Monday-Wednesday, 6:30 p.m. Evangelist: Bill Britt. Pastor: Gary Hanberry.
- Beulah Land Baptist Church, Haughton: Revival, November 17-20. Evangelist: Bill Britt. Pastor: Chad Mills.
- Westview Baptist Church, DeRidder: Fall Revival, November 17-20; Sunday 10:30 a.m. and 6 p.m.; Monday-Wednesday, 6:30 p.m. Speaker: Philip Robertson, pastor of Philadelphia Baptist Church. Special Music: Westview Worship Team. Pastor: Jason Hoychick.
- Washington Baptist Church, Washington: Volunteers carpenters needed to install a stud wall inside a metal building. Approximately a 2-3 day project. Visit historic Washington and enjoy good Cajun hospitality with us. Call Pastor Louis Charrier at 337.308.0336 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you can help.
- SAFE Planning is holding a free public workshop at Broadmoor Branch Library in Shreveport, November 7, 6-8 p.m. The workshop will present information on Estate Rescue. SAFE routinely helps families already paying thousands every month for someone in a nursing home to save 65-100 percent of their estate. Reserve seats easily online at //safeplanningseminars.net/event or call 318.869.3133.
- Nurturing Heart’s Women’s Event, November 8-9 at the Carey Baptist Association Office, located at 1701 W. Prien Lake Road, Lake Charles, LA 70601, 12 -3 p.m. and Saturday 9 a.m.-noon. Ladies will be given ideas for gifts, organizational tips and innovative ideas to get them prepared for the fun and family festivities of the season. Speakers: Darlene Creasman, certified performance movement coach and speaker, and Marla Regan, certified productivity coach and speaker, will be sharing on a variety of topics. Cost: $25 and you can choose either Friday or Saturday. Your ticket includes workbook and workshop materials. If you would like, join Darlene and Marla for an early lunch on Friday at 10:30 – 11:30 at Salata on Nelson Rd. (Dutch-Treat Lunch) Please text Marla at 281.682.0127 w/name and MESSAGE: ‘Joining for lunch’. The workshop includes: easy DIY gift ideas, recipes for self-care, helping to create an action plan for all the details that need attention so you can enjoy this season, helping to keep our eyes focused on Jesus and balancing our times to enjoy his presence, and an ‘Ugly Sweater’ contest.
- Trinity Height Baptist Church, Shreveport: All Keyed Up III Piano & Organ Concert, November 10 at 6 p.m. Doors open at 5 p.m. and a freewill love offering to be received. Pianist: Dan Gibbs. Organist: Aaron D. Wilson. The church is located at 3820 Mooringsport Road.
- First Baptist Church, Haughton: Annual Harvest Banquet, November 17, 6 p.m. in the Family Life Center. There will be a Mexican Indian Training Center (MITC) themed evening, featuring, special testimonies, videos of people who have been to MITC, and worship. Items will be collected for the medical team for its trip to MITC January 11-18. Bring large count (400-600) bottles of adult and children vitamins and large count (400-600) bottles of ibuprofen or acetaminophen. Pastor: Gevan Spinney.
- East St. Mary Ministerial Alliance Thanksgiving Service, November 17, 6 p.m. at Bethel Pentecostal Fellowship, Patterson. Pastor Steven Kelly of Bayou Vista Baptist Church will deliver the message.
- Greenwell Springs Baptist Church, Greenwell Springs: Chonda Pierce Still Laughing Tour, November 21, 7 p.m. Cost: $29 and $55. General admission group rates of 10 or more are available. Tickets may be purchased at www.eventbrite.com/e/chonda-pierce-still-laughing-tour-tickets-69103700027. Pastor: Brian Robertson.
- Bellaire Baptist Church, Bossier City: Fresh Grounded Faith Conference featuring Jennifer Rothschild, November 22- 23. For tickets and more information, call 318.746.3914 or go online to www.freshgroundedfaith.com. Pastor: Randy Harper.
- Longview Baptist Church, Deville: Thanksgiving Pig Roast, November 24, 6 p.m. Pastor: Robby Poole.
- Mangham Baptist Church, Mangham: Annual Community Thanksgiving service, November 24, 6 p.m. Everyone is welcome as our community of faith joins together for an evening of giving thanks to the Lord. Pastor: Rick Aultman
- First Baptist Church, Haughton: Area Churches Together in Our Neighborhood community-wide service, November 24, 6 p.m. at Central Assembly. Those attending are asked to bring canned food items to help stock the pantry or an offering to help support the ACTION ministry. Pastor: Gevan Spinney.