EDITOR’S NOTE: Do you have a Revival, Homecoming, a new pastor, a community outreach or a concert? The Baptist Message would love to share your church news with the rest of the state. It is very easy to do, just send in your information (who, what, where and when) to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 318.449.4345. To get your event in the paper, please submit your information three weeks prior to the event.
ON THE MOVE
- Paul DeRousse is retiring as associate pastor at Emmanuel Baptist Church, Shreveport.
- James Franklin has left First Baptist Church, Blanchard for Calvary Baptist Church, Harlingen, Texas.
- Scott Sullivan has left First Baptist Church, Haughton as education minister to for the Georgia Baptist Mission Board (Discipleship).
- Kevin Smith has resigned as pastor at Northwoods Baptist Church, Shreveport.
- Steve Efferson is the new associate pastor at Woodridge Baptist Church, Shreveport.
- Katie Ashcraft is the new music associate at Airline Baptist Church, Bossier City.
- Barry (wife Carol) Headrick is the new music minister at Gray Baptist Church. He comes from Walnut Hill Baptist Church, Vivian.
- Alex Hawkins is the new children’s minister at Cheniere Baptist Church, West Monroe.
Russ, wife Pam, Givens is the new traditional worship leader/celebration choir director at First Baptist Church, Ruston.
- Clay, wife Christy, Fuqua, is the new pastor at First Baptist Church, Blanchard. He was at Phildadelphia Baptist Church, Horseshoe Drive campus, Alexandria.
- Jonah, wife Katie, Morrow is the new youth pastor at Trinity Heights Baptist Church, Shreveport from First Baptist Church, Coushatta.
- Richard Davis has been called as music director at First Baptist Church, Winnsboro.
- Carolyn Thomas has been called as choir director at First Baptist Church, Winnsboro.
- Steven & Krista Campbell are the new youth pastors at Natalbany Baptist Church.
- Steven Campbell is the new church administrator at Natalbany Baptist Church.
- Chase Stanley is the new associate pastor/student minister at First Baptist Church, Slidell.
- Holloway Baptist Church, Deville: 125th Anniversary Celebration, October 12-13. October 12, 9 a.m., Memorial Celebration breakfast. Everyone is invited to come, eat and bring a treasured memory to the breakfast event to put on display. We would love to see any old tools, old photos, etc. that you may have and would want to share. Breakfast will be provided by the church. October 13, 10 a.m. Sunday Worship Celebration will be a special time of music, preaching, praise, testimonies, and historical review. Following the worship service there will be dinner on the grounds. The men are preparing gumbo and the ladies of the church are bringing desserts. Ole time games and activities will follow lunch. The church is locate at Hickory Grove Road, Deville. Pastor: Jack West.
- Welcome Home Baptist Church, Dodson: 82nd Homecoming, October 13, 10:15 a.m. Special Music: The Sanctuary Quartet. Pastor: Charles Wesley.
- Brushy Creek Baptist Church, Merryville: Homecoming Celebration, October 13, 10 a.m. Guest Speaker: Loyd Carroll. The church is located at 125 Brushy Creek Cemetery Rd, Merryville, LA 70653. Pasto: Mike Streams.
- First Baptist Waverly, Delhi: Homecoming Celebration, October 20, 10:30 a.m. There will be a potluck lunch after the services. Guest speaker: Fred Hales. Special Music: Richard Aimsworth. Everyone is invited. Pastor: Marion Spence.
- First Baptist Church Belle Chasse, Belle Chasse: 75th Anniversary Celebration, October 20, 10:30 a.m. Pastor: Jason Allen
- New Prospect Baptist Church, Dubach: Homecoming Celebration, October 20, 10:30 a.m. A covered dish lunch will follow in the Fellowship Hall. Guest Speaker: Dudly Poda. Pastor: Marvin Winham.
- Fordoche Baptist Church, Fordoche: 75th Homecoming Celebration, October 20, 10:30 a.m. There will be fellowship with lunch following services. Guest speaker: Gary Mitchell. Fordoche Baptist is located at 5555 Fordoche Road, Fordoche, LA. For more information, call Phil Dozier at 225.637.2559.
- Harmony Baptist Church, Deville: Family Revival, October 14-8, 6:30 p.m. nightly. Evangelist: 2TALK42 Ministries. Pastor: Richie Craig.
- Cane Brake Baptist Church, Lottie: Fall Revival, October 13-16, Sunday, 10:30 a.m. and 6:30 p.m.; Monday-Wednesday, 6:30 p.m. nightly. Guest Speaker: Raymond Willie. Pastor: Merrick Henry.
- Red Bluff Baptist Church, Folsom: Revival, October 19-21, 6 p.m. nightly. Guest speakers: Bo Rice of NOBTS, Rhyne Putman of NOBTS and Lewis Richerson, Woodlawn Baptist Church, Baton Rouge. Pastor: Adam Hughes.
- Columbia Heights Baptist Church, Columbia: Revival, October 20-23, p.m. Evangelist: Bob Pittman. Pastor: Warren Maxwell.
- Bethel Baptist Church, Bastrop: Revival, October 20 – 23, 7 p.m. nightly. Evangelist: Jerry Chaddick. Music: Phil Smith. Pastor: Tim Post
- Heflin Baptist Church, Heflin: Revival, October 20-23, 6:30 p.m. Evangelist: Luke Hockenjos. Special Music: We R Called. Pastor: Ronnie Osborn
- Westview Baptist Church, DeRidder: Revival, October 20-23, Sunday 10:30 a.m. and 6 p.m. Monday-Wednesday, 6 p.m. Evangelist: Bill Britt. Pastor: Jason Hoychick.
- Maple Springs Baptist Church, Logansport: Revival, October 20-23; Sunday 11 a.m. and 6 p.m.; Monday-Wednesday 6 p.m. Teen night will be Sunday. Evangelists: The Lisemby Family from Kingsland, Arkansas will present the gospel by way of uplifting music, singing and preaching. The public is invited attend and be blessed. For more information, call 318.697.5439 or go to our Facebook page at Maple Springs Baptist Church Pastor: Lee McClintock.
- Union Baptist Church, Belmont: Union Baptist in Sabine Parish is seeking a full-time, experienced pastor for our church, who will also be the spiritual leader of our Christian school. We offer a beautiful parsonage and awesome church family. Applicants must be willing to pass a criminal and civil background check. Please send résumé to email@example.com.
- First Baptist Church, New Orleans: Global Fest, October 11, 6 p.m. Everyone is invited to an evening of music, fun and food benefitting Global Maritime Ministries. There will be food from around the globe as well as favorite local dishes; live entertainment, and live and silent auctions. Cost: $25. https://www.myegiving.com/App/Form/17d7dd86-6dcc-4d80-a2f9-98732671095d.
- First Baptist Church, Baton Rouge: SING! Keith & Kristyn Getty, October 11, 9 a.m., Regional Summit, Keith Getty discusses topics such as A Vision for a Singing Church, The Importance of Family Worship, and Singing into Mission; 11 a.m., Children’s event, 1 hour interactive time with Kristyn and some of the Getty Band; 7:30 – 10 p.m. Concert, join Keith & Kristyn Getty with their Irish and Bluegrass musicians. Cost: $20 & $35. Pastor: Oren Conner.
- First Baptist Church, Grand Isle: Saturday evening with Masters4 Southern Gospel Quartet, October 12, 6:30 p.m. Pastor: Nathan Stanford.
- Tower Baptist Church, Mooringsport: Fall Festival, October 12, 10 a.m.-3 p.m. Pastor: Jim Gstohl.
Trinity (Pumpkin Center) Baptist Church, Hammond: HIS KIDS Activity Time, October 12 and November 9, 10 a.m.- noon in the fellowship hall. HIS Kids is a special needs ministry for ages 10-25 with crafts, music, and games.
- Istrouma Baptist Church, Baton Rouge: Bayou Youth Rally 2019, October 13, 5-7 p.m. Guest Speaker: Derek “Griff” Griffon. Worship Music: Istrouma Worship Band. This is for students sixth through 12th grade. To register your group go to http://bit.ly/BayouRally. For more information, contact Micah Cating at 225.295.0775. Pastor: Jeff Ginn.
- Trinity Baptist Church, Lake Charles: Nights of Worship – Cody Carnes, October 13, 7 p.m. Pastor: Steve James.
- Plainview Baptist Church, Bogalusa: Gloryland Quartet in concert, October 13, 11 a.m. Pastor: Scott Breland.
- Palestine Baptist Church, Columbia: Ben Waites in concert, October 13, 10 a.m. Pastor: Hudey Beaubouef.
- Gulf Coast Baptist Church, Golden Meadow: Masters4 in concert, October 13, 11 a.m. Pastor: Shane Terrebonne.
- First Baptist Church, Pineville: Chonda Pierce Let’s Sit & Talk, October 13, 7-10 p.m. Cost: $29 and $55. General admission group rates of 10 or more are available. Tickets may be purchased at https://www.eventbrite.com/e/chonda-pierce-lets-sit-and-talk-tour-tickets-68822759727. Pastor: Stewart Holloway.
- Acadian Baptist Center, Eunice: 10th annual Wild Game Dinner, October 15, 5 p.m. At 5 p.m., a variety of wild game dishes will be available, as well as booths and demonstrations related to outdoor sports. Guest Speaker: Gevan Spinney, Pastor of First Baptist Church of Haughton and co-host of the outdoor show “The Way it Was” on the Pursuit Channel will speak at 7 p.m. Cost: Tickets are $15 and includes the opportunity to win one of several door prizes, including the grand prizes. You must be present to win. Information and tickets can be obtained at Acadian Baptist Center, 1202 Academy Dr., Eunice, LA; by calling 337.457.9047; by email at firstname.lastname@example.org; or online at abccamp.com.
- Greenwell Springs Baptist Church, Greenwell Springs: 35 Years of Friends Tour, October 17, 7 p.m. Music: Michael W. Smith. Cost: $75 (VIP), general admission ($28.50). Pastor: Brian Robertson.
- Cotile Baptist Church, Boyce: The Southern plainsmen in concert, Oct. 19, 2019, 6 p.m. There will be a fish fry at 5 p.m. A love offering will be taken. Pastor: Johnny Miller.
- Trinity (Pumpkin Center) Baptist Church, Hammond: Greg Sullivan & Gloryland Gospel Band in concert, October 20, 5:30 p.m.
- Jamestown Baptist Church, Jamestown: Southern Plainsmen in concert, October 20, 11 a.m. There will be a pot luck lunch following the worship service. The church is located at 5852 Hwy 154, Jamestown LA 71045. Pastor: Stan Foster.
- Cotile Baptist Church, Boyce: Youth Rally, October 20, 5 p.m. Speaker: Braden Martin. Music: Hicks High School Choir. A fellowship will follow the rally. Pastor: Johnny Miller.
Benson Baptist Church, Converse: Southern Plainsmen in concert, October 20, 6 p.m. Pastor: Delman Rogers.