EDITOR’S NOTE: Do you have a Revival, Homecoming, a new pastor, a community outreach or a concert? The Baptist Message would love to share your church news with the rest of the state. It is very easy to do, just send in your information (who, what, where and when) to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 318.449.4345. To get your event in the paper, please submit your information three weeks prior to the event.
ON THE MOVE
- Dana Trahan is the new pastor at One Life Church, Walker.
- Joey, wife Rachel, Anwar is the New High School & College Minister at First Baptist, Haughton.
- Jeff, wife Mary, Hurst is the new pastor of Alabama Baptist Church, Arcadia as of July 15.
- Evergreen Baptist Church, Bernice: 129th Homecoming, July 28, 10:30 a.m. Special Music: Sanctuary Quartet. Pastor: Wayne Sistrunk.
- Beech Springs Baptist Church, Quitman: 112th Homecoming Celebration, July 28, 10 a.m. A covered dish lunch will follow morning worship. Speaker: Jason McNaughtern, former pastor. Special music: Southern Plainsman Quartet. A love offering will be taken. Pastor: Jim Lancaster.
- Philadelphia Baptist Church, Deville: Revive Monday, July 22, 29. July 22: Evangelist: Mike Stone. Worship: PBC Worship Team. July 29: Tarande Greene in concert. Pastor: Philip Robertson.
- First Baptist Church, Princeton: Harvest Sunday, July 21. Evangelist: Bill Britt. Pastor: Darrell Cooper.
- Georgetown Baptist Church, Georgetown: Revival, July 21-23, 7 p.m. The Erwin Family. Pastor: Carl Griffith.
Community Baptist Church, Greensburg: Family Crusade, July 21-24. Evangelist: 2TALK42 Ministries. Pastor: Larry Stewart.
- Pisgah Baptist Church, Florien: Revival, July 24-26, 7 p.m. Evangelist: Rod Treme. Worship: Paul’s Journey. Pastor: C.M. Kelly.
- Palestine Baptist Church, Grant: Revival, July 28-31, Sunday, 10 a.m. and 7 p.m. Monday-Wednesday, 7 p.m. Evangelist: Scotty McDowell, chalk artist. Worship: Mackey Willis Family. Pastor: Hardy Estes.
- Social Springs Baptist Church, Ringgold: Revival, August 4-7. Evangelist: Scotty McDowell, chalk artist. Pastor: James Hester.
- Fourth Annual Progressive 5 Church Revival, August 4 – 8; Sunday 6 p.m. Oak Hill Baptist Church, Speaker: Ken Ronaghan. Pastor: Andy Myrick. Monday 7 p.m. New Friendship Baptist Church, Speaker: Andy Myrick. Pastor: Todd Wooden. Tuesday 7 p.m. Bonita Baptist Church, Speaker: Todd Wooden. Pastor: Ken Ronaghan. Wednesday 7 p.m. Horseshoe Baptist Church, Speaker: Luther Sanson. Pastor: Bob Lonadier. Thursday 7 p.m. Twin Oaks Baptist Church, Speaker: Bob Lonadier. Pastor: Luther Sanson.
- East Ridge Baptist Church, Lake Charles, is seeking a bi-vocational associate pastor with a concentration on reaching the area. Contact Alan Weishampel at email@example.com.
- Cooper Baptist Church in Leesville is in need of a bi-vocational youth minister. Please send resumes by email firstname.lastname@example.org if you feel led to apply. If you know of a person who might be interested in applying for this position please let them know. Pastor: Edgar Evans Sr.
- Gulf Coast Baptist Church, Golden Meadow: The church is in need of a new or used (in good working order) refrigerator and also a separate freezer to help store more cold and frozen food for the church’s newest ministry “Feeding Lafourche” food bank. Call 985.258.0988 or email email@example.com. Pastor: Shane Terrebonne.
- First Baptist Church, Pineville: Camp USA rally, July 21, 6 p.m. Pastor: Stewart Holloway.
- First Baptist Church, Jackson: Watermelon social, July 21, 7:30 p.m. Bring a friend and your favorite melon and join us in the Fellowship Hall as we enjoy the fruits of summer. Pastor: Joe Nesom.
- Georgetown Baptist Church, Georgetown: 3 Day Walk of Faith, July 21-23, 7 p.m. Worship: Living in Faith Everyday. Pastor: Carl Giffith.
- Bethel Baptist Church, Jennings: VBS – Roar: Life is Wild, God is Good, July 22-26, 8 a.m.-noon.
- First Baptist Church, Carlyss: VBS- Giddy Up Junction (Taking God’s Love to New Frontiers), July 22-26, 6 p.m.-8 p.m. This is for children age 3 -11 (going to 6th grade). Come join us for a fun week of western-themed Bible Adventures. Pastor: Frank Walker.
- Caney Lake Baptist Church, Chatham: “Annual Hee Haw Show,” July 26-27, Friday at 7 p.m. and Saturday at 5 pm. Tickets are $7 each. For tickets call: Tammy Gunter (318)-805-6124; Anita Waggoner (318)- 278-3773; or Donna Ferguson (318)-348-5577. Pastor: Lance Otwell.
- Houston River Baptist Church, Sulphur: Sunday Night Live, July 28, 6-8 p.m. “Gaither-style” singing event that will showcase soloist, duets, quartets and other various musicians from the Lake Charles area. This will be an evening of worship focused on bringing honor and glory to Jesus Christ! If interested in singing or know of someone interested, please contact Scotty at 337.527.5725 to reserve your spot. Pastor: Lonnie Gothrup.
- Calvary Baptist Church, Merryville: Broken Vessels and Faith’s Journey in concert, July 28, 6-8 p.m. Pastor: Jim Miers.
- North Shreve Baptist Church, Shreveport: Paul’s Journey in concert, July 28, 11 a.m. A love offering will be taken. Pastor: Cecil Marr.
- Bethany Baptist Church, Bethany: Paul’s Journey in concert, July 28, 6 p.m. A love offering will be taken. Pastor: Marvin Cooper.
- Victory Baptist Church, Monroe: VBS – In the Wild, July 28–31 5:30–8:00 p.m. Pastor: Grant Bamburg.
- Gulf Coast Baptist Church, Golden Meadow: VBS, July 28-August 31, 6-9 p.m., nightly. Pastor: Shane Terrebonne.
- Bethel Baptist Church, Colfax: The Southern Plainsmen in concert, June 30, 6 p.m. Invite your friends and neighbors and after the concert stay for food and fellowship. Pastor: Carl Gulde.
- First West, Calhoun: VBS – In the Wild, July 31–Aug 2, 6-8 p.m. Pastor: Josh Elliff.
- New Zion Baptist Church, Covington: Mercy Malt-Shop women’s conference, August 3, 9 a.m. – 1 p.m. Speaker: Cindi Wood, author of the Frazzled Female series. Call the church office at 985.892.4711 to register (required). Pastor: Clark Stewart.
- Good Hope Baptist Church, Anacoco: Paul’s Journey in concert, August 3, 6 p.m. A love offering will be taken. Pastor: Michael Goins.
- Freedom Baptist Church, Pitkin: Paul’s Journey in concert, August 4, 11 a.m. A love offering will be taken. Pastor: Jeff James.