PINEVILLE (LCNews) — In the interest of public safety, Louisiana College has implemented a clear bag policy that limits the size and types of bags that may be carried by attendees into ticketed activities.
The implementation of this measure is intended to enhance public safety while minimizing time spent searching bags at entrance security checkpoints and easing access into the facility.
Louisiana College strongly encourages all attendees not to bring unauthorized types of bags to H.O. West Fieldhouse, the LC Football Stadium, Guinn Auditorium, the LC Softball Complex, the Billy Allgood Baseball Complex or the Martin Performing Arts Center. The only permissible bags or containers must meet the following parameters:
- Bags that are clear plastic or vinyl and do not exceed 12″ x 6″ x 12″
- All clear bags that do not exceed 12″ x 6″ x 12″ are permissible (backpacks, drawstring bags, fanny packs, etc.)
- One-gallon, clear plastic freezer bags (Ziploc bags or similar)
- Small “clutch” purses, no larger than 4 1/2″ x 6 1/2″, with or without a handle or strap can be taken into the stadium in addition to the approved clear plastic bags.
- Attendees also will be able to carry other items allowed in such as binoculars and cameras, but their cases will not be allowed.
- Working personnel, including accredited news media, will continue to enter through designated entrances where they will be subject to screening and bag inspections.
All bags not in compliance with this policy will be subject to inspection. The Louisiana College bookstore sells bags that meet the above requirements.