By Message Staff
A contest that allows winners the opportunity to gift their favorite Louisiana Baptist ministry is getting a makeover.
Launched in 2016, the Give-A-Gift campaign awards one person – whose name is drawn among names submitted either online at baptistmessage.com or through the mail – the honor of giving a monetary prize from the Louisiana Baptist Foundation to a Southern Baptist church, ministry or organization of their choosing in the state.
Last year, a $1,000 gift was given monthly to a church or ministry, as directed by the person randomly chosen in the drawing. In 2017, the award amount has been increased to $1,500 and will be given out quarterly.
The name of the ministry receiving the gift will be published in the Baptist Message, who is partnering with the Louisiana Baptist Foundation for this contest.
“Give-A-Gift illustrates one of the primary functions of the Louisiana Baptist Foundation – assisting Baptists with gifts to support Baptist ministry,” said Jerry Love, director of planned giving for the Louisiana Baptist Foundation. “We started Give-A-Gift in 2016 to raise awareness of the Foundation and the service we provide to God’s Kingdom work through. In addition to several million dollars distributed from endowments, gifts of stock and property, and other gift sources, Give-A-Gift put $10,000 directly into the hands of churches that impact their community.”
- Completely fill out the form found in the Message (or click here.)
- Mail to: GIVE A GIFT, c/o Louisiana Baptist Foundation, P.O. Box 311, Alexandria, La 71309
- A name will be drawn at random from the quarter’s submissions on the last business day of that quarter. Any submissions after that date will be held to the following quarter.
- Only one submission per quarter per person will be accepted.
- The gift must be designated to a church or ministry in Louisiana, cooperating with or supported by the Louisiana Baptist Convention.
- The gift must be directed to a single church or ministry (cannot be divided among multiple ministries).
- The gift must for the unrestricted use by the church or ministry.
- The name of the church/ministry receiving the gift will be published in the next available issue of the Louisiana Baptist Message.
- The gift bears no monetary value to the person selected. This person is only directing funds from the LBF to the ministry of their choice.
- The LBF will not share or sell participants’ contact information to other organizations.
- If a participant provides an e-mail address, Foundation reserves the right to add that address to its weekly e-newsletter list.
- Pastors and staff members of churches and ministries are encouraged to participate.
- LBF staff and current LBF board members not eligible.