For the week of January 16, 2003
• JONESBORO – McDonald Memorial church: Super Sunday;
Jan. 19, 11 a.m. and 6 p.m.; Carol Garlington, guest speaker; Terry J. Mims,
• RUSTON – Calvary church: Gospel Music Extravaganza;
Jan. 18, 6-8:30 p.m.; sponsored by Joe Aulds Evangelism Asssociation; David
• EUNICE – First church: “Business by the Book”
financial workshop; Jan. 21, 8:30 a.m. – 5 p.m.; $149 per person; Rick Boxx,
seminar leader; to register, call (337) 457-2361; Mike DeRosier, pastor.
• BOGALUSA – Westside Emmanuel church: Jeremiah People
in concert; Jan. 27, 6:30 p.m.; nursery available; Stephen Teal, pastor.
• LEESVILLE – Cooper church: Jamie Chaney Womack, special
guest speaker; Jan. 26, 6 p.m.; Ed Chaney, interim pastor.
• HAYNESVILLE – First church: Bill Tisdale, featured guest
speaker for mens wild game supper; Jan. 25, 6 p.m.; Shelby Cowling, pastor.
• JENA – East Jena church: “Gods Design for
Men” mens conference; Jan. 25, 4-8 p.m.; Keith Dickens and Philip
Robertson, guest speakers; Craig James, pastor.
• HODGE – Hodge church: Testify in concert; Jan. 26, 10:45
a.m.; Dwayne M. Boudreaux, pastor.
• BATON ROUGE – University church: Bozhidar Igoff, guest
speaker; Dan Holcomb, interim pastor.
• WEST MONROE – Ridge Avenue church: D. D. Lewis, former
N.F.L. player, featured guest speaker for the mens wild game supper; Jan.
25, 6:30 p.m.; David Maxwell, pastor.
• BATON ROUGE – First church: Mini concert by Believers
Harmony; Jan. 19, 6 p.m.; Burn Page, pastor.
• DEQUINCY – First church: Fishing seminar and fish fry;
Feb. 3, 6 p.m.; Joe Joslin, professional guide, guest speaker; Byron Comish,
• COVINGTON – First church: The Martins in concert; Jan.
31, 7:30 p.m.; $10 per person; doors open at 6:30 p.m.; Waylon Bailey, pastor.
• SLIDELL – Grace Memorial church: “Dr. Newhearts
Neck-Up Check-Up” childrens musical; Jan. 19, 6:15 p.m.; Scott McMurrian,
music minister; Bob Heustess, pastor.
• PONCHATOULA – Midway church: Jan. 15-18, 7 p.m.; Jan.
19, 11 a.m. with dinner to follow; Stanley Day, evangelist; Sandra Brown, music;
Jimmy Wall, pastor.
• TICKFAW – Woodhaven church: Jan. 26, 11 a.m. and 6 p.m.,
Jan. 27-29, 7 p.m.; Bruce Gill, evangelist; Bill Haley, music; A. L. Palmer,
• LAFAYETTE – First church: One day revival; Jan. 26,
9:45 a.m. and 11 a.m.; Junior Hill, evangelist; Perry Sanders, pastor.
• GOLDONNA – Goldonna church: Jan. 29- Feb. 1, 7 p.m.;
Feb. 2, 11 a.m.; Malcolm Ellis, evangelist; Doyle McGrew, pastor.
• OAKDALE – First church: Elden and Joyce Brunet celebrated
their 65th wedding anniversary in December. They are members of First church
of Oakdale; John Alley, interim pastor.
• JENA – First church: Todd Rogers to the gospel ministry;
Jan. 19, 3 p.m. with reception to follow service; Robert H. Rogers, Bob Rogers
and Garreth E. Joiner, special guest speakers; Dominick C. DiCarlo, Jr., pastor.
• BATON ROUGE – George Haile to Broadmoor church as minister
of pastoral care and outreach; John W. Goodwin, pastor.
• GLOSTER – Gloster church: Part-time music minister; send resumes to: Gloster
Baptist Church, Attn.: Music Minister Search Committee, P. O. Box 86, Gloster,
LA 71030; email: firstname.lastname@example.org or
call (318) 933-5466; Ron McLellan, pastor.
• POLLOCK – Fred Cory, for pastorate, interim, and pulpit
supply; call (318) 765-0988.
TROY, Ala. – Former Louisiana College campus minister Elbert Williams
died Nov. 27, 2002. Williams served as a campus minister at various schools
for 39 years. After serving at Louisiana College during the 1950s, Williams
served with the Alabama Board of Missions for 29 years as campus minister at
the University of Alabama Medical Center (now University of Alabama at Birmingham)
and at Troy State University. Williams is survived by his wife, Janelle, and
two sons. Memorials may be made to the Elbert Williams Memorial, Alabama Baptist
Foundation, Box 4773, Montgomery, AL 36103.