For the week of August 1, 2002
• BASTROP – First church: The Martins in concert; Aug.
10, 7 p.m.; tickets are $12 and $15 for artists circle; for ticket information
call (318) 281-6885; Dick Day, minister of music; Jim Ingram, pastor.
• WEST MONROE – First church: “Ridgecrest on the
Ouachita” Northeast Assocational Sunday School Training conference; Aug.
17, 8:30 a.m. – 3 p.m.; Bill Taylor, guest speaker; $15 conference cost/does
not include lunch; to register, call Glenda Suggs at (318) 322-6760; Jerry Price,
director of missions; David Uth, pastor.
• MANY – First church: Arturo Us Moo, guest speaker; Aug.
4, 6 p.m.; Bill Hines, interim pastor.
• WEST MONROE – Cedar Crest church: Cross Ministry presents
“What Counselors, Pastors & Church Staff Need to Know When Counseling
(or relating to) the Homosexual,” Aug. 12, 12 noon; Tim Wilkins, guest
speaker; BBQ lunches available for $5 between 11:30 a.m and 1:15 p.m.; lunch
reservations appreciated, call (318) 396-9218 and leave message; no charge for
conference; Greg Clark, pastor.
• OAK GROVE – Hill church: Bayou Macon Associational Evangelism
Rally; Aug. 4, 6 p.m.; Chuck Kelley, guest speaker; Charles Wesley, director
of missions; Leslie Yates, pastor.
• VIDALIA – First church: Squire Parsons in concert; Aug.
18, 7 p.m.; Gary Nunn, pastor.
• NEW ORLEANS – First church: Shaun Groves in concert;
Aug. 18, 7 p.m.; tickets $10 in advance/$15 at the door; David Crosby, pastor.
• DRY CREEK – Dry Creek camp: Mens fish fry and
“Wild Horse Ministries” presentation with Paul Daley; Aug. 17, dinner
at 5 p.m and services to follow; Mackey Willis, music; Curt Iles, camp manager.
• LEESVILLE – East Leesville church: The Certain Sound
Singers and The Dixie Echoes in concert; Aug. 11, 6 p.m.; Barry Pounds, minister
of music; Gil Arthur, pastor.
• WISNER – First church: The Joe Cook Family in concert;
Aug. 5, 7 p.m.; Wiley McClary, minister of music; Thomas Peoples, pastor.
• GRAYSON – Old Bethel church: Aug. 11, 11 a.m. and 7
p.m.; Aug. 12-14, 7 p.m.; Joe Aulds, evangelist; Benton Moore, pastor.
• ARCADIA – Baptist Retirement Center: Aug. 5-7, 10:45
a.m.; Jimmy Simeon, evangelist; Freddy Franks, music; Richard May, chaplain.
• JENNINGS – First church: Senior adult mini revival and
luncheon; Aug. 13, 10:30 a.m., lunch at 11:45 a.m. and afternoon service to
end at 2 p.m.; Ray Wells, evangelist; David Chelette, music.
• WEST MONROE – Cypress church: Aug. 11, 11 a.m. with
lunch to follow; singing at 1:30 p.m.; special music by Souled Out for Christ;
Larry Eubanks, pastor.
• BALL – First church of Ball: Aug. 4, 11 a.m. with lunch
to follow; Herb Dickerson, guest speaker; The Southern Plainsmen in concert
at 1 p.m.; Mike Hedrick, pastor.
• LONGLEAF – Longleaf church: Aug. 11, 10 a.m. visitation
and services at 11 a.m. with dinner to follow; Dennis Snoddy, guest speaker;
Mike Hein, pastor.
• LAFAYETTE – First church: Howard Wilson, Bobby Phillips
and Kim Miller to deacon ministry; Perry Sanders, pastor.
• MANSFIELD – Calvin Phelps to First church as interim
• LAKE CHARLES – Luke Liechty to Westside church; previously
serving as music minister at Westside.
• BOGALUSA – James Broadwater resigns Monroe Street church.
• INDEPENDENCE – Richard Finucane to New Hope church as
youth minister; Tommy R. Hicks, pastor.
• DUBACH – Fellowship church: Full-time pastor; send resumes
to: William H. Green, 625 Hunt Road, Dubach, LA 71235.
• VIVIAN – James M. Wynn, author of “The Hill of
Beans,” available through 1stBooks Library at www.1stbooks.com. The book
is an autobiography of Wynn, who is a retired businessman and Baptist minister.
• LOGANSPORT – Guy Murphrey, 75, died July 12. Murphrey
retired from Mt. Olivet church in Logansport and had served 54 years in the
ministry. He is survived by his wife, Marian, and three sons.