EDITOR’S NOTE: Do you have a Revival, Homecoming, a new pastor, a community outreach or a concert? The Baptist Message would love to share your church news with the rest of the state. It is very easy to do, just send in your information (who, what, where and when) to email@example.com or call 318.449.4345. To get your event in the paper, please submit your information three weeks prior to the event.
ON THE MOVE
- Dale Wooten retires as pastor at First Baptist Church, Rodessa.
- Elizabeth McLellan is the new children’s director at New Chapel Hill Baptist Church, West Monroe.
- Brad (wife Bethany) Jett is the new worship pastor at First Baptist Church, West Monroe.
- Flint Miller has resigned as children and youth minister at First Baptist Church, Zwolle.
- Pleasant Hill Baptist Church, Farmerville: Homecoming, August 12, 10 a.m. Special Music: The Sanctuary Quartet. Pastor: Larry Eubanks.
- First Baptist Church, Greensburg: 152nd Homecoming, August 12, 9:15 a.m. (Sunday School), 10:30 a.m. (Worship), Noon (Dinner on the grounds). Speaker: Butch Knight. Worship Leader: Church Brown. Please join with us and our friends as we celebrate what the Lord has done for our church through the years. If you have any questions or need directions please call 225.222.6580, First Baptist Church, 6260 Hwy 10, Greensburg, LA. Bring your favorite foods for dinner on the grounds following the morning service and come join us on this special day. Everyone is welcome. Pastor: Tommy Smith.
- Mount Vernon Baptist Church, West Monroe: 181st Homecoming Celebration, August 19, 10:15 a.m. Guest Speaker: Jerry Price, Director of Missions for Northeast Louisiana Baptist Association. Special Music: The Sanctuary Quartet. A covered-dish style lunch will be held after the service. Everyone is invited. Pastor: Randy Burdeaux.
- First Baptist Church, Hornbeck: 30th annual Homecoming, August 19, 9:15 a.m. Dinner on the grounds will follow the service. Speaker: Lynn Jones. Pastor: Jack Bell.
- Midway Baptist Church, Converse: Revival, August 8-12, 7 p.m. nightly, Speaker: Larry Pridmore. Pastor: Clinton Alford.
- Little Flock Baptist Church, Many: Revival, August 9-10. Evangelist: Scotty McDowell, chalk artist. Pastor: Otis Branam.
- First Baptist Church, Greensburg: Revival, August 10-11, 6:30 p.m. Speaker: Butch Knight. If you have any questions or need directions please call 225.222.6580, First Baptist Church, 6260 Hwy 10, Greensburg, LA. Pastor: Tommy Smith.
- Welcome Home Baptist Church, Hebert: Revival, August 12-15. Evangelist: Scotty McDowell, chalk artist. Pastor: Jim McKeithen.
- First Baptist Church, Dubach: Family Crusade, August 12-15. Evangelist: 2TALK42 Ministries. Pastor: Cory Bruce.
- Liberty Baptist Church, Coushatta: Revival, August 12-16; Sunday 11 a.m. and 6 p.m.; Monday-Thursday, 6:30 p.m. Evangelist: Sam Moore. Special Music: Liberty Baptist Church Praise Team. Pastor: Harry Bamburg.
- First Baptist Church, Mandeville: Harvest Sunday, August 19, 8:30, 11 a.m. and 6 p.m. Speaker: Ron Herrod. Pastor: Jake Roudkovski.
- Gulf Coast Baptist Unity Revival, August 19, 6 p.m. Little Pass Baptist Church, Charenton Pastor: Chris Holloway; First Baptist Church, Morgan City, August 26, 6 p.m. Pastor: Brent Romero. Fellowships will follow each service.
- Elwood Baptist Church, Forest Hill: Revival, August 19-22, Sunday 10:30 a.m., Speaker: John Hebert. Special Music: Brad Mount; Sunday 6 p.m. Speaker: Keith Manuel. Special Music: Brad Mount; Monday, 7 p.m. Speaker: Casey Johnson. Special Music: the Voices of LC; Tuesday, 7 p.m. Speaker: Casey Johnson. Special Music: the Harrigill Family; Wednesday, 7 p.m. Speaker: Brett Faulk. Special Music: Chain Free. Pastor: Michael Evans.
- Houston River Baptist Church, Lake Charles: Resurgence 2018: “A Rising Again into Life”; August 19-22, Sunday, 10:15 a.m. and 5 p.m.; Monday-Wednesday, 6:30 p.m. Speakers: Eddie Briery, Shreveport (Sunday); Braylon Harris, Pastor of Mount Olive Baptist Church (Monday & Tuesday); Bryan South, Pastor of First Baptist Church, Jasper, Texas (Wednesday). Special Music: Worship teams led by HRBC Scotty Blackwell and Mount Olive Baptist Church Nicholas Johnson. Pastor: Lonnie Gothrup.
- Louisiana Baptist Association August revival meetings: August 19-23, August 19, 6:30 p.m., Refuge Baptist Church, Speaker: Jacob Crawford; August 20, 6:30 p.m., Life Point Church, Mansura. Speaker, Ken Austin; August 21, 6:30 p.m., Church at Marksville, Speaker: Louis Charrier. August 22, 6:30 p.m., Marksville Baptist Church. Speaker: Adam Thornton. August 23, 6:30 p.m., Red River Church. Speaker: Norris Landry.
- Morehouse 5 Church Progressive Revival, August 19-23; Twin Oaks Baptist Church, Sunday, 6 p.m., Speaker: Ken Ronaghan, pastor of Bonita Baptist Church, Bonita; Bonita Baptist Church, Bonita, Monday, 6:45 p.m., Speaker: Bob Lonadier, pastor of Horseshoe Baptist Church, Mer Rouge; New Friendship Baptist Church, Tuesday, 6:45 p.m. Speaker: Luther Sanson, pastor of Twin Oaks Baptist Church, Bastrop; Horseshoe Baptist Church, Mer Rouge, Wednesday, 6:45 p.m. Speaker: Andy Myrick, pastor of Oak Hill Baptist Church, Bastrop; Oak Hill Baptist Church, Bastrop, Thursday, 6:45 p.m., Speaker: Todd Wooden, pastor of New Friendship Baptist Church, Bastrop. An offering will be taken nightly and given to some entity in the community. Everyone is invited to attend.
- Bob Colquette is available for pulpit supply, interim or pastorate. He is willing to relocate. Call 337.401.6551 or 337.401.6553.
- Faith Baptist Church, Bastrop: Pastor needed. Please send résumés to Attn: Pastor Search Committee, Faith Baptist Church, 809 Cleveland St., Bastrop, La. 71220 or email résumés to firstname.lastname@example.org.
McClendon Baptist Church, West Monroe will honor Vickie Arthur with a reception on her retirement after 20 years of service as youth director August 12 at 6 p.m. in the Worship Center. Reception will follow in the gym. Pastor: Kevin Stewart.
- Stevendale Baptist Church, Baton Rouge: Brian Free and Assurance in concert, August 10, 7 p.m. Pastor: Stephen Young.
- North Monroe Baptist Church, Monroe: 20th annual Jennifer Robertson Memorial Praise Fest, August 11, 6 p.m. The praise fest will be a Gaither-style concert. Anyone wishing to sing in the choir is asked to attend a practice on Saturday, August 11 at 9 a.m. at North Monroe Baptist Church. A love offering will be received and monies collected will be deposited into the Jennifer Robertson Memorial Scholarship Fund at Louisiana College. For additional information, please contact Bill Robertson 318.449.4291 or Elaine McKay at 318.248.3609. Pastor: Bill Dye.
- McDonald Memorial Baptist Church, Jonesboro: The Southern Plainsmen in concert, August 12, 6 p.m. A love offering will be taken. Pastor: Randy Dark.
- Judson Baptist Retreat Center, St. Francisville: Adult Fish Fry, August 14, Registration: 9:30 – 10 a.m.; Music: 10 a.m.; Lunch to follow. Music: Wood Creek Boyz. Cost: $12.00/person. After lunch, participants will prayer walk JBRC or prayer drive JBRC. To reserve your place, call 225.634.7225 by August 9.
- First Baptist Church, Keithville: Southern Gospel Jubilee featuring Heaven’s Echo, NHim, and other groups, August 17-18, Friday, 6 p.m.; Saturday, 5 p.m. Cost: Free. A lover offering will be taken. First Baptist Keithville is located at 6295 Williams Rd, Keithville, LA. For more information, call 318.925.9476 Pastor: Michael Stowell.
- Amite Baptist Church, Denham Springs: The Forge – Student conference, August 17-18. Speaker: Derek ‘Griff’ Griffon, Student and Young Adults Pastor at Fellowship Church, Prairieville. Cost: $20 and deadline is August 10. Registration forms and payment are to be sent to the ELBA office. Pastor: Michael Luce.
- Greenwell Springs Baptist Church, Greenwell Springs: The 6th Annual Total Church Life Leadership Conference, August 18, 8:30 a.m.-1 p.m. Speaker: Danny Akin, president of Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary. Cost: $25 per person before August 10 or $30 after August 10 and at the door. The BAGBR, BASELA and ELBA Associations are once again working together to offer exciting church-wide training topics about all aspects of church service. Disaster Relief, Woman’s Ministries, Men’s Ministries and Conflict Resolution are just a few of the topics that will be discussed. Go to bagbr.org to see all of the other church related topics that will be offered and download your registration form.
- Carolina Baptist Church, Saline: Southern Plainsmen in Concert, August 19, 11 a.m. A love offering will be taken. Pastor: Ken Roberts.
- Watson Baptist Church, Watson: Greg Sullivan in concert, August 19, 4:30 p.m. A love offering will be taken and finger foods will follow the concert. Pastor: John Pemberton.
- Broadmoor Baptist Church, Shreveport: Northwest Louisiana Pro-Life Prayer Breakfast, August 23, 7:30-9 a.m. Speaker: U.S. Congressman Mike Johnson. Cost: $25. To register go to ProLifeLouisiana.org. Pastor: Church Pourciau.
- Louisiana College, Pineville: Matt Papa in concert, August 23, 7 p.m. Doors open at 6 p.m. Guinn Auditorium. Cost: $10 at the door or free with current LC ID.