ON THE MOVE
- Charlie Westbrook, Jr., is the new pastor at Hebron Baptist Church, Denham Springs.
- David Brown is retiring as Eastern Louisiana Baptist Associational Missions Coordinator June 30.
- Gary (wife Beckey) R. Wolfe is the new bi-vocational pastor at Pioneer Baptist Church, Pioneer.
- David, wife Brooke, Scott is the new pastor to youth and collegiate students at University Baptist Church, Thibodaux. He begins June 1.
- Roy Davis is the new pastor at Gray Baptist Church, Jefferson, Texas.
- Brent Shoalmire resigned as pastor of Oak Hill Baptist Church, Plain Dealing. He is now the new pastor at Red River Baptist Church, Benton.
- Billy Pierce is the interim pastor at Oak Hill Baptist Church, Plain Dealing.
Old Union Baptist Church, Mansfield: 159th Homecoming, April 8, 11 a.m. A covered dish lunch will be held following Worship Services. Speaker: Lyndon Longoria. Special Music: Kerry Longoria. Music: Southern Plainsmen. Pastor: Alton Middleton.
- New Beginnings Baptist Church, Castor: Revival, April 5-8. Evangelist: Scotty McDowell, chalk artist. Pastor: David Boyler.
- Morehouse Association Harvest Roundup, April 6-8 at the Morehouse Activity Center, Bastrop featuring Dan Daly and Wildhorse Ministry; Friday, 7 p.m. roundup kickoff; Saturday, 10 a.m., Paul Daly demonstrates how to tame a wild horse; Noon-2 p.m. fun for the family with jumpers, concessions, music and more; 2 p.m., Daly demonstrates how to tame a wild horse; Sunday, 2 p.m., Daly demonstrates how to tame a wild horse.
- Pisgah Baptist Church, Bernice: April 8-10. Evangelist: Scotty McDowell, chalk artist. Pastor: Jeff Hurst.
Union Hill Baptist Church, Glenmora: Revival, April 8-11. Evangelist: Lyndon Longoria. Music: Kerry Longoria. Pastor: Tony Doyle.
- Ouachita Parish Harvest Crusade 2018, April 8-11, 6:30 p.m. nightly at the West Ouachita High School gymnasium. Evangelist: Bill Britt. Worship: Led by various groups from around the state. Monday will be a special youth emphasis and features a pizza blast at 5:15 p.m.
- First Baptist Church, Provencal: Revival, April 8-11. Evangelist: Joe Aulds. Pastor: Bill Hudson.
- His Church, Pineville: Spring revival, April 8-11. Evangelist: Jack Zimmerman. Pastor: Steve Speer.
- Palestine Baptist Church, Grant: Family Crusade, April 8-11. Evangelist: 2TALK42 Ministries Pastor: Hardy Estes.
- First Baptist Church, Dubach: Revival, April 9-12. Evangelist: Jerry Spencer. Pastor: Corey Bruce.
- Lake St. John Community Baptist Church, Ferriday: Revival. April 11-14. Evangelist: Scotty McDowell, chalk artist. Pastor: Mark Richardson.
- Mooringsport Baptist Church, Mooringsport: Harvest Sunday, April 15, 10:30 p.m. Evangelist: Joe Aulds. Pastor: Roy Strother.
- Bethel Baptist Church, Colfax: Big Creek Association Youth Evangelism Event, April 15, 5-8 p.m. This free event is for junior and senior high kids and will feature worship music by United 1 Worship Band, One Voice Choir, Rhythm 1 Trashcan Drum Line, One Move Stomp Team, food, fun and games. Pastor: Carl Gulde.
- Pioneer Baptist Church, Pioneer: Revival, April 15-18. Sunday: 9:30 a.m.- Sunday School, 10:45 a.m. Worship, noon Potluck Lunch, 4:30 p.m. Ladies’ Prayer Time, 5 p.m. Worship. Monday-Wednesday 6:30 p.m. Evangelist: Bill Robertson of the Louisiana Baptist Convention. Worship Music: Ben Waites. Pastor: Gary R. Wolfe.
- Social Springs Baptist Church, Ringgold: Revival April 15-18, Sunday, 11 a.m. & 6 p.m. Monday-Wednesday, 6 p.m. Evangelist: Scotty McDowell, chalk artist. Pastor: James Hester.
- Trinity Heights Baptist Church,, Shreveport: Harvest Week, April 15-18, Sunday, 10:45 a.m.; followed by Men’s Night, Monday; Ladies Night – Bloom! – Tuesday. Both events will include great food, incredible door prizes, inspiring music and a Biblical message from Jay Lowder. Pastor: Collin Wimberly.
- First Baptist Church, Castor: Family Crusade, April 15-18. Evangelist: 2TALK42 Ministries Pastor: Preston Young.
- 59th Baptist Men’s Rally, April 5, 6 p.m. at Bienville High School Gym. Speaker: Marvin Winham, First Baptist Church associate pastor. Cost: $6.
- First Baptist Church, DeRidder: Fifth Annual Spring Jubilee featuring The Kramers, Ernie Haase and Signature Sound and Joseph Habedank in concert, April 7, 5 p.m. Cost: Advance general admission, $20; at the door $25. No ticket required for children under 5. Pastor: Josh Eubanks.
- First Baptist Church, Castor: 12th annual Fishing for Missions, April 7 on Grand Bayou in Coushatta. Registration will be $100 per team. Big Bass (optional) will be $20. Prizes include fishing, hunting, and cooking supplies, gift certificates to sporting goods stores, restaurants, and more. For more information call Preston Young at 318.540.9962 or David Lea at 318.550.1298. Leave a message. Pastor: Preston Young.
- First Baptist Church, Winnfield: Joseph Habedank in concert, April 8, 11 a.m., worship; 6 p.m. concert. Pastor: Steven Smithson.
- First Baptist Church, Minden: Saviour – An Easter Celebration of the Story of God’s Passion for His People, April 8, 10:45 a.m. Featured singers include Larnelle Harris, Audrey Henry, Jake Cawley, Aaron Odom, Rachel Chapman, John Frank Reeve and the First Minden Celebration Choir and Orchestra. Pastor: Leland Crawford.
- Leesville High School Fellowship of Christian Athletes presents “Fearless” on April 11, 5:30 p.m. at Leesville High School’s Wampus Cat Stadium. Speaker: Derek Griffon. Worship: Stephen Hill, Advance the Light, and FTCA Worship Team. This is a Fields of Faith event. Students 7th through 12th grade are invited, along with school club and church youth groups. School clubs and church youth groups compete in team (10 per team) events for prizes. To register teams or just for more information, call Kevin McAllister at 337.424.8494 or email email@example.com.
- Woodland Park Baptist Church, Hammond: Volunteers from Woodland Park will be facilitating Forgiven & Set Free Bible Study (for post-abortive women) starting April 12, 6 p.m. Contact 985-542-0492 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit website: www.resthse.org/recovery. All inquiries are confidential. Pastor: Mark Tolbert.
- University Baptist Church, Lake Charles: The Lisemby Family in concert, April 13, 6 p.m. For more information, call 337.480.9410. Pastor: John Astling.
- Fair Park Baptist Church, West Monroe: Annual Race2Grace 5k, 10k, and 1mile fun run, April 14. Proceeds from the race will help FPBC kids attend Centri-Kid Camp this summer. Pastor: Waymond Warren.
- First Baptist Church, Winnfield: Mark Lowry What’s Not to Love? Tour, April 15, 6 p.m. Cost: $15 (general admission) at the church office or online at fbcwinn.com (additional fees may apply when purchasing online). Pastor: Steve Smithson.
- Airline Baptist Church, Bossier City: The Nelons in concert. April 15, 6 p.m. A love offering will be received. Pastor: Terry Young.
Johnny L. Sanders, 80, of Monroe, passed away August 21, 2017. Born May 12, 1937 in Calhoun City, Mississippi, Sanders graduated from Mississippi College, New Orleans Baptist Theological Seminary and Luther Rice Seminary. After being licensed to the ministry in 1956, he pastored several churches in Mississippi before moving to Louisiana in 1965. For the next 50 years, he pastored three churches in northeast Louisiana until his retirement in 2016. He was also active with local Southern Baptist associations and the Louisiana Baptist Convention. He served for two terms as a trustee for the Louisiana Baptist Children’s Home and two terms on the board of Lifeway Christian Resources of the Southern Baptist Convention. He is survived by his wife of 55 years, Rebecca Sanders, and his son and daughter-in-law, John and Robin Sanders and their children, Abigail and Jacob. He is also survived by his brothers, James Sanders and wife, Carolyn, Mike Sanders and wife, Susan, and his sister, Linda Furr and husband, Jimmy, as well as several nieces and nephews.