ON THE MOVE
- Brian, wife Melanie, McAllister is the new pastor at First Baptist Church, Jonesboro.
- Chris Hoyt is the new pastor at Mt. Calvary Baptist Church, Independence.
- David Maxwell is the new minister of education & outreach at New Zion Baptist Church, Covington.
- Waylon McCormick is the new associate pastor of worship at Ouachita Baptist Church, West Monroe.
- Lakeshore Baptist Church, Monroe: 63rd anniversary, July 2. Pastor: William L. Smith.
- Parkview Baptist Church, Alexandria: 75th anniversary, July 9, 10:45 a.m. Dinner on the grounds will follow the service. Special Music: The Sanctuary Quartet. Pastor: David Shaw.
- Salem Baptist Church, Plain Dealing: 173rd Homecoming Celebration, July 9, Sunday School 10 a.m., Worship Service, 11 a.m. Lunch on the grounds, noon; singing, 1:30 p.m. Special speaker: Ray Huddleston. Pastor: Larry Earhart.
- United Baptist Church, Jena: Revival, July 9-12. Evangelist: Lyndon Longoria. Pastor: Johnnie Phillips
- First Baptist Church, Minden: Summer Revival Series, July 9-23. July 9 – Speaker Will Simmons. Worship Leaders: Joe & Jody Nida; July 16 – Speaker: Beau Barton. Worship Leaders: Jeremy & Lexie Scriber; July 23 – Speaker: Chris Fleming. Worship Leaders: Jake & Rachel Chapman; July 30 – Speaker: James Preuett, Philippians Dramatization. Pastor: Leland Crawford.
- Philadelphia Baptist Church, Deville: Revive – Rejoice and Refresh, July 10, 17, 24, 31, 6:30 p.m. Evangelists: Gevan Spinney (July 10); Bill Britt (July 17); Jerry Chaddick (July 24); Greater Vision (July 31). There will be no Sunday evening service prior to Monday’s events. Pastor: Philip Robertson.
- Bellaire Baptist Church, Bossier City: Evangelism Emphasis, July 16, 10 a.m. Evangelist: Lyndon Longoria. Special Music: Kerry Longoria. Pastor: Randy Harper.
- Ebenezer Baptist Church, Florien: Harvest Sunday, July 16. Evangelist: Michael Courtney. Pastor: Bill Blackmon.
- Fellowship Baptist Church, Columbia: Revival, July 17-20. Evangelist: Rubin Weaver. Pastor: Chris Bennett.
- First Baptist Church, Sterlington: Free organ available to any church that can use it. Just come and pick it up. For more information, contact the church at 318.665.4932. Pastor: Ben Hackler.
- Southern Plainsmen Quartet 39th anniversary Homecoming, July 7-8 at Leesville High School Auditorium (502 Berry Avenue, Leesville, LA 71446); Friday at 6:30 p.m. – The Steeles, Sherman Andrus, Southern Plainsmen and Saturday, 6 p.m., Mark Lanier, Church Wagon Gang, Southern Plainsmen. For more information or to purchase tickets, contact Marcelle Slaughter 318.663.4812 or 409.791.0877.
- First Baptist Church, Lafayette: Worship Arts Camp, July 10-14, 9 a.m. – 2 p.m. Cost: $40.00 for ages completed first through sixth grade. Deadline to register is June 16. To register, call 337.593.3748. For more information, call John Frank Reeve, minister of music at 337.593.3755 or email him at email@example.com. Pastor: Steve Horn.
- Bethel Baptist Church, West Monroe: Sports Camp, July 10–14, 6-8:30 p.m. For more information, call 318.325.5981318/318.376.3634 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Pastor: Dennis R. Hensley
- First Baptist Church, Bossier City: For King and Country at Red River Balloon Rally, July 14, 6-10:30 p.m. at LSU-Shreveport. Pastor: Brad Jurkovich.
- Ridge Avenue Baptist Church, West Monroe: Gospel Music Concert, July 15, 6 p.m. Music: Mike Freeman, Wanda Hughes, and Southern Joy. Cost: free. A love offering will be received. Pastor: Jim Wolfe.
- First Baptist Church, New Orleans: Creative Arts Camp 2017. July 17-21, early registration until May 31: $50; registration from June 1 – July 9: $75; the week of CAC: $100. Register at www.fbno.org/cac. Creative Arts Camp (CAC) is an exciting experience for your child who has completed 1st-6th grade. The goal of CAC is for your child to get a taste of arts: visual arts, dance, cake decorating, exposure to instruments, singing and basic music theory through professional artists. CAC meets Monday-Friday, 12:30-4 p.m. immediately following VBS – with the exception of Friday. On Friday, CAC will end promptly at 3:00 p.m. Pastor: David Crosby.
- Ridge Avenue Baptist Church, West Monroe: Basketball Camp, July 18 – 23. Cost: Free. This camp is for children enrolled in kindergarten for the fall through those who have completed grade 6. The camp will be divided into four age groups Instructional Division (Must be enrolled in Kindergarten or above); Pee Wee Division (Must be 7 years old prior to camp); Junior Division (Must be 9 years old prior to camp) and Major Division (Must be 11 years old prior to camp). Instructional and Pee Wee Divisions will meet from 8 – 11 a.m. Junior and Major Divisions will meet from 1 – 4 p.m. Each session (morning and afternoon) will be limited to a maximum of 75 participants each. Register online at www.ridgeavenue.org. Pastor: Jim Wolfe.
- Calvary Baptist Church, Slidell: Family Fest Saturday, July 22, 10 a.m. to noon. Pastor: Arron McGuffee.
- Evergreen Baptist Church, Bernice: Sanctuary Quartet in concert, July 23, 10:30 a.m. Pastor: Wayne Sistrunk.
- Trinity Baptist Church, Hammond: HIS KIDS Day Camp for those with special needs, ages 10 – 25, July 24 – July 28, 9 a.m. – noon. Cost: Free. You’re invited to the ultimate pep rally! Come out and join the fun as campers will learn about VICTORY through courage, obedience, faith, unity, and Jesus. Please complete the registration form on our website www.pumpkincenter.org. For more information, call the church office at 225.294.5536 or Christie Williamson, Camp Director, at 985.320.1091. The church is located at 42062 Pumpkin Center Road in Hammond. Pastor: Derek Wall.