GCR Task Force Recommendations
1. Rally towards a clear and compelling missional vision and begin to conduct ourselves with core values that will create a new and healthy culture within the Southern Baptist Convention.
2. North American Mission Board to prioritize efforts to plant churches throughout North America, and to reach our nation’s cities.
3. Entrust to the International Mission Board the ministry to reach unreached and under-served people groups without regard to geographic limitations.4. Move the primary responsibility for Cooperative Program promotion and stewardship education ministry assignments from the Executive Committee to the state conventions.
5. Reaffirm the Cooperative Program “as our central means of supporting Great Commission ministries” and establish a broader category of “Great Commission Giving” to celebrate all the financial support.
6. Raise the percentage of Cooperative Program funds received by the International Mission Board in the 2011-2012 budget year to 51 percent.
(Read the full GCRTF progress at http://www.bpnews.net/BPnews.asp?ID=32352)